The approved controls establish the following key development requirements:
- A mandatory no overshadowing beyond the southern kerb-line of Waterfront Place at the September Equinox.
- A mandatory 10 storey (35m) overall height limit.
- A mandatory maximum 3 storey (12m) podium height.
- A mandatory 8m minimum setback above the podium.
In addition to the above, these have:
- Retained the design objectives generally in line with Council’s exhibited amendment.
- Retained a discretionary winter solstice overshadowing standard – to minimise shadows beyond the southern kerb line during winter.
- Included a requirement that any tower form avoid ‘monolithic or bulky appearance’, and that this should include two towers with a separation of 10 metres.
- Removed the mandatory requirements for a north-south pedestrian link and publicly accessible open space on the site. The controls do however retain reference to the provision of a ground level courtyard space and an open space at the eastern ‘point’ of the site.
Importantly, Amendment C104 also reinstates third party notice and appeal rights, which ensures that interested members of the community will be able to participate in a future planning permit application process relating to the site.
The approved amendment documents can be accessed on the CoPP website at www.portphillip.vic.gov.au/amendment-C104-Waterfront-Place.htm.