In 2016/17 we were successful in achieving:
- Bike trail lighting – eighty new public lighting poles and LED luminaries between Beach St and Boundary St, Port Melbourne have now been installed, making for increased safety for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Safety on the Promenade – the CoPP has completed a feasibility study on potential ramps along the Promenade between Station and Princes Piers. For cost reasons, there are no current plans to construct ramps. However, our request for handrails on the steps between the piers has been granted, and they will be installed by the end of the year. Whilst this is not a solution to separation of the paths, the handrails will improve safety for pedestrians.
- Graffiti removal – increased resources for preventative strategies and quick removal of areas affected by graffiti.
- Princes Street storm water drain – collaboration with the EPA to develop and install improved signage regarding poor water quality, particularly in the pond at the mouth of the drain. An upgrade of the drain in the longer term.
- 1-7 Waterfront Place – pending longer-term redevelopment of the site, action to ensure a clean up of the site.
- Waterfront Place/Station Pier toilet facility – resources to fund a street level accessible toilet in the Waterfront Place area.